• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Anyone going outside tonight?

Started by Fay, Jun 09, 2008, 17:12:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I am forcing myself outside, feel worn out though. Mark I am thinking you will be doing M27?

I have sent my 350D off for modding. Hope all goes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Daniel

i think I'll definetly be heading out tonight, visibility and seeing looks pretty good, just wish my damn losmandy dove tail would come so i can try the 12" out!

Started work on my light box yesterday as well as another hartman mask (this time for the 12") im putting together a lightweight wooden frame to stick the foam board onto for the light box, was also thinking of making replacable front ends to it so I can use it on the 12, 8 and 3 inch scopes.

Anyway, i'll post how that goes once it's finished, should really post the first harman mask i made too, but it's not really much to look at, I didn't do a nice paint job on it or anything, but coupled with live view it's fantastic for focusing!

Oh, one last thing, I'll probably be sending my 40D off this week to be modded too, im fed up with crappy Ha sensitivity!

Daniel
:O)

Fay

You've been very busy, Daniel. Yes I have a replacable end for the WO ZS66 on the light box

MarkS

Not me Fay - I was out LAST night doing M27  :D

Now for the processing ...

Fay

That was a bit slippery Mark!

There is a lot of humidity around tonight

MarkS

It was very dewy last night as well - I used the anti-dew heating.  Everything else got very, very damp.

The Thing

I was out last night playing with my new SkyWatcher 80T refractor. It is so hard finding anything when you don't have GoTo and everything is soooo small. But I can see lots of stars through it which is great 'cos its going to be my guide scope. No dew in Beckenham last night and it was lovely and clear at 01:00 BST. Finally saw M57 and M13.

The Thing

Mac

Fantastic view of Jupiter last night, :lol:

Pity it was from the railway line at ealing broadway :cry:

Fay

Yes, I saw it, Mac It was like being in a sweet shop last night, I didn't know what to look at first!