• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Downloading K3

Started by Carole, Jun 06, 2008, 14:30:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

This message is a bit premature as I haven't tried to do this myself yet, but with the Imaging session looming I need to sort this a.s.a.p.

I have just realised that my K3 will have run out on my laptop and I am not sure whether I will be able to connect it up to my my new Virgin Broadband and download the file again (OK, I should have paid and got one that didn't expire, but it's too late now). 

I seem to recall I could only use a lower (older) Mb modem even with my last system to download to the laptop (it would not work on the higher MB newer one) so am anticipating I will have a problem.

Does any-one know of any other way I can download the file onto my laptop if I am unsuccessful?

i.e. Download it onto my Desktop and transfer (if so - how?)
Would some-one else be able to download it onto my laptop for me (and this time I will pay for it so I don't have to do it again).

It would be brilliant if I can do it myself, but I am not optimistic.  Will try it over the weekend.

Thanks for your help in anticipation.

Carole

mickw

If I remember rightly, you highlight and copy the "code" from K3 website, then paste in the appropriate place in the K3 program.
If that is the case, you could first paste it into a program like "Notepad" (it's in the Windows Accessories folder), then you could save Notepad onto a memory stick or something and plug it into your laptop.
Open up Notepad and K3 then copy the "code" from Notepad and paste into K3 as if you were doing it on line.
I'm sure that should work, good luck
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Rocket Pooch

you could always buy it? then peter will help.

Carole

I was intending to pay for it this time so I don't have this problem again.

Not sure if I will need the "key" which you copy and paste if I am buying the software and not having bought it before not sure how it works.

I have already found I need to borrow an adapter as there is no ethernet port on the laptop so will see what happens with that tomorrow.

As you say, if all fails I could try to contact Peter.

Carole

Carole

It worked Mick!!
Brilliant!!

But the key is only valid until 15th June when they release another key.  Still at least that buys me some more time and gets me through the imaging session.

Also gives me more time to sort out the internet connection.

Carole