• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Some moon shots from February, found on Karens laptop

Started by Rocket Pooch, May 08, 2008, 22:50:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Oops, Karens laptop was running out of disk space and it seems I used it form imaging, it had quite a few AVI's to process whcih I had forgotten about, anyway, someone tell me what this is?

I have given the origional image and then two representations of it Contour and Geographical.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Hi Chris,

The main crater is crater Lansberg and the smaller surrounding craters are Lansberg A-G. The formation below these is Montes Riphaeus, and all this off the top of my head. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

doug

I didn`t know the top of your head looked like that, Tony.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

wow i'm glad its the moon I thought it was a person with horns and their arms in the air!