• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

I had a Duff night

Started by Fay, May 07, 2008, 13:38:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Well, went into the garden & PHD would not guide properly.

I took my first flat but not sure if it is ok. There are 2 peaks on the histogram. One around 12,000 the other 27,000, which is the level I want. These teo settings are random around the image. The light looks even  & not too bright. I tried various times but settled on 0.5 secs, but regardless of times I still had 2 peaks.

Could not see anything on the image, do you have to stretch, as you do an image, to see any dust etc etc?

Can anyone tell me what could be wrong?

From,

Desperate!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Hi Fay,

I can only sympathise, it took me too long to setup last night then it clouded over :(

It depends on the capture software you're using.  I only have experience of Maxim for which I use histogram control (I think it's the medium automatic setting) to see what it looks like.  Note that you may not see dust bunnies but you may see uneven illumination across the field.  Mine gets brighter just left of centre then tails off either side - will try to post one of my flats this evening if you're interested but it'll be for a Schmidt Cassegrain which will be different to yours.

Cheers
Robert

Fay

Thanks Robert, I will do another tonight & post it, in case someone can see what I should do.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!