• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Meade LX200 SC Tube on German Equatorial mount

Started by Daniel, Apr 29, 2008, 23:17:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Hi all, just wondering if anybody know's if an SC tube that normally mounts on the LX200 can be fitted with a dovetail to mount onto a GEM.

I've been looking at a few going pretty cheap on some of the boards and would like to mount one on my CG5 rather than have to buy a wedge for it (plus those things are pretty big and would be a nightmare to set up every time I head out)

Daniel
:O)

Mike

Yes you can. I would advise talking to Bern at www.modernastronomy.com

If you mention my name and that you are a member of the OAS he will give you a discount.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Daniel

Hi Mike, great news, thanks for the refferal, If one of these LX200's im looking into pans out I shall give them a call

Daniel
:O)

Rocket Pooch

Daniel,

If its an 8" one I have some rings and mount for it with a guide bar on the top.

Chris

Daniel

Hi Chris, unfortunately he one im thinking of bidding on is a 10" im saw a 12" LX200 on ebay with a buy it now of £650, couldn't believe my luck, but before I could bid on it, it was sold :(