• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Light Box

Started by Fay, Apr 20, 2008, 20:54:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Box has had a modification, now there are two lids each with a hole to hold the ED80 a bit better. The lid has not been glued but is fixed with low tack sticky tape in case access is needed. Hope the light is ok. Until it's tried, I don't  know if another mod will be made.
Have put another picture on the next post as could not do two on this page, probably doing it wrong.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Fay

Mike

Looks like a very complicated design, but I see no reason why it should work well. If teh lights are too bright you can always install a pot, or even better some sort of permanent resistance once you know how many ohms are necessary to allow you to dim them. Are they LED's or filament bulbs?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

LEDS, the light is quite calm, not too bright. Mike should the whole image be the same ADU measurement or should it just be an average of just below the well depth?

Mike

I believe an average ADU across the image of half the well depth will suffice.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Fay - Like I said before the whole image will not be the same ADU e.g where there is dust & vignetting (if you have any) the readings will be less (darker). It's only approx - you don't need to be too exact.....!

John

Fay

Thank God for that! I did a quickie, indoors & the ADU was fluctuating,& I thought, good grief!
I did not realise you had already told me that.