• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tomorrow's Observing

Started by Mike, Mar 31, 2008, 12:59:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

My boss, whilst I was on annual leave, has kindly arranged for me to meet the company director tomorrow at 5pm and then to go for a drink or two afterwards. This is all very nice (in the same way that sticking pins under my fingernails would be nice), however, it means there is absolutely no chance I will get to the observing session for 7.15

So, hopefully one of the other keyholders will be there to open up (if you are lucky enough to get a clear night) and I will join you all later on.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I wonder if thats how my staff will feel in Wales on Tuesday?

Rick

The clocks having been shifted, isn't the observing evening an hour later anyway?

Mike

True! However, it may be unlikely I would get there for 8.15 even. i don't normally get home from work till 7pm on a good night and it looks like I will be a minimum of an hour and a half later than usual.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan