• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Who is going to Deep Sky Camp - Friday 4th April ?

Started by Mike, Mar 30, 2008, 13:25:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

OK, register yoru vote then. Hope to see you there.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

What time are you all getting down there? I'm going on Friday and hope to be down there by around 1pm.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Yep - I'll aim for mid to late afternoon on Friday - depends If Luke wants to come.... John

Mike

Wakey Wakey campers !! Rise and shine !!!    :D

JohnP

Packing car already - found out Luke finishes early 2day so hopefully there about 3'ish... I can only stay one night though...

cya later - John

Mike

Just having some lunch, finishing off the packing, then in about an hour I should be out of here. See you down there.

Mike

I have to say that I am very dissapointed in the two individuals who put down a definite YES on here to going to Deep Sky Camp, but who never turned up (I can see you have since changed your votes!). As a result the Society is now £45 in the RED for the weekend and will have to fork out that £45 to pay for the field. Also, food that didn't need to be cooked for those two persons was wasted.

It was the worst attended DSC on Record.

Daniel

Well, I still owe you £15 for the 3 of us who came along, sorry I didn't get to pay you the following morning, but we were a little worse for wear because of our camping gear and had to head home early, I'll be able to bring it along at the next meeting which I'll attend and hopefully join up properly!

Loved the skies though, have seriously been looking into house prices around headcorn since I got back, we've been looking for a place that fits all our criteria for moving and it may tick all the boxes, ie, dark skies, hour from london by train.

Rick

The last couple of DSCs have had rather unfortunate weather, but perhaps it's a good time to give some consideration to how we book DSCs and how much we charge for them. However, please let's take that discussion into Behind the Scenes.

Edit: Discussions continue in this "Behind the Scenes" thread.
(If you're an OAS member and you can't see that continuation, drop me a PM.)

Mike

Quote from: Daniel on Apr 06, 2008, 14:56:10Well, I still owe you £15 for the 3 of us who came along, sorry I didn't get to pay you the following morning, but we were a little worse for wear because of our camping gear and had to head home early, I'll be able to bring it along at the next meeting which I'll attend and hopefully join up properly!

Still waiting Dan !

Daniel

Hi Mike, just to say the cash went in the post about 10 mins ago, once again, Im very sorry how long it took, I meant to get it to you quicker but life stuff kept distracting me. Anyway distractions are over now and I can get back to what's important, having some fun!!!

Hope to see you at the next DSC, shall pay up before I even get through the gate this time!

Thanks

Daniel
:O)