• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Who is going to Deep Sky Camp - Friday 4th April ?

Started by Mike, Mar 30, 2008, 13:25:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Please vote so that I have an idea of numbers for the weekend and also for the food Saturday night. For the meal I am cooking a pan of Scouse (beef and lamb hotpot).
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

I'm going, even if it only Saturday evening for some Scouse. :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

I'll be there for saturday, cant get the time off on friday, plus the wife's got the car.

No telescope this weekend , waiting for the old back to heal.

MarkS

Can't make DSC this weekend - Dee has organised a weekend in Paris. 
I'm definite for the next one though!

Mike

Mark, like John's missus, you need to have a serious chat with her.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Mike

The weather forecast for Saturday night isn't looking too bad at the moment.

Fay

Mike, I am continously pondering, but I am more on the side that I won't go as the weather is very iffy.

I am a bit upset that I won't make the August one as well, as I am away.
See you at observing, tonight
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Mike,

Its not looking that good on Metcheck for Saturday (enter postcode TN26), and you can always rely on Metcheck, (NOT) :roll: and I think you should make enough 'scouse' for at least 25, just incase an unexpected coach turns up. :D Still if the coach doesn't turn up, it won't go to waste. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Quote from: Fay on Apr 01, 2008, 08:07:18
Mike, I am continously pondering, but I am more on the side that I won't go as the weather is very iffy.

You big wuss.

Mike

Tony I use www.weather.co.uk as I have found it to be more reliable than Metcheck (mostly).

JohnP

QuoteMark, like John's missus, you need to have a serious chat with her.

Mike - I don't think you fully understand the complexities of the fine balance I have to keep between pursuing Astronomy & Home Life.... It's OK to say have a serious chat with the wife but when your house is in continuous need of decoration/ repair & you've got 4 kids & a wife screaming at you telling her I'm disappearing for the weekend on a social/ piss up (yes she knows I don't just do astronomy)  it doesn't go down to well... I'm sure Ian & others can appreciate what I am saying...  On top of all that as you know I have already booked a week away with Chris & others down the South of France in late summer so even more of a reason to tread carefully...... :-) You are in a fortunate position that Cris enjoys camping like you... I suppose I could always bring ALL 4 kids with me - I'm sure you wouldn't mind having a bunch of moaning kids around for the weekend - perhaps Chris & Ian & others could take theres as well - we could make it a real family affair....

Anyway, I'm hoping to make it down for either Fri or Sat night (not decided yet - depends on which night looks the most promising) - I may or may not be by myself....

Cheers,  John

Mike

I didn't realise my dead-pan face would come over so well on The Internet.

Carole

I'm definitely not coming Friday evening as I am looking after the grandchildren (special occasion).

I have a number of things to do this weekend and am only planning on coming for the evening/s if the skies are good for Astronomy.

So don't count me in the food figures Mike.
Thus I am in the "undecided" poll.

Carole

Tony G

Mike,

you need to make some 'scouse' for John's 4 as well, just incase, as well as the coachload. :D

Tony G