• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

new introduction

Started by wibberley, Feb 05, 2009, 22:12:21

Previous topic - Next topic

wibberley

I was told about this site today by I think one of your Members who purchased a coat to keep warm whilst out at night taking photo's.
I believe her name was Fay.
The main thing I was looking for today was the photos of the ISS taken by one of your members.

I hoping to get some good tips on taking photos as seen on the Galleries on this site.

I've also been on the 'Heavens Above' site. What alot of good info on that site.

Cheers Fay for the introduction.

Can I ask how do you put on a avaitar photo, I can't find the box to use on my profile section, can someone please give me a clue.

Carole

Hi Wibberley,
Welcome to the Forum.

I assume you mean a little picture to use as your logo.
Click on Members (within Forum)
Pick your name from the list
go to Forum profile info
you can then upload a picture

If you mean how can you add a picture to the Forum discussion pages, then there are instructions in the section marked in Astrophotography "How to post images in this forum".  Make sure you use the entire URL address.

Carole

Mac

Greetings,

A hearty warm welcome to you.
I'm sure you will find all of us are a happy friendly bunch, totally mad, but very knowledegable.
and between all of us we can normally help you in any way shape or form.

As for photographs of the ISS, you need to speak to the master, Mark S

Mac. :lol: (one of the mad ones.)

MarkS

Welcome Wibberley,

My ISS pictures (well, most of them) can be seen here:
http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/thumbnails-18.html

Mark

Fay

Hello Wibberley,

I was told about your post last night in the depths of Kent at one of our Deep Sky Campouts. I did not know w hat they were talking about for amoment, then it clicked!

Nice to hear from you, hope you start to read our forum & join in. The coat was fine, last night, first trial, it was not going to be big enough if I had to put a lot of layers on underneath but I only had 2 thin tops.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!