• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Moon Shots from the Weekend

Started by Tony G, Feb 18, 2008, 22:21:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Hi all,

Getting bored with all the great DSO recently, and so I'd thought take some Moon shots. The other reason is because I haven't got a camera to take great DSO, YET! (except the Canon, and I'm not into guiding at present, that's another learning curve). I  still used the ToUcam Pro II, but for some reason the images I took of the Moon, Saturn and my first Mars were all in black and white, but I don't know why?, still here are the Moon shots.

The large crater is crater Lansberg in Oceanus Procellarum,

Crater Plato,

Crater Clavius,

Craters Helicon and Le Verrier in Mare Imbrium and Sinus Iridium,

And a shot earlier in the night.

There was a lot of atmospheric disturbance, so the images are not brilliant even after processing with Registax.

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Tony - Shots like pretty good to me...nothing wrong with those - I particularly like the Clavius shot. If I can remember (it's been a long time) I'm sure there is somewhere in Toucam camera serup where you can check a tickbox for B&W are you sure this wasn't accidently ticked?

QuoteI haven't got a camera to take great DSO, YET!
Am I sensing a new camera on the horizon....?

Cheers,  John

MarkS

Great moon images - especially Clavius!

Fay

|Tony,

you are so good at moon shots. Were they all thru x3 barlow & how many FPS etc did you capture?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Fay,

Shots 1,3 & 4 are through the X3 and 2 & 5 are through the X2, and if you look at the last 2 images you can see the difference between them.
As for the FPS they are a mixture of 5 and 10 fps usually 5.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Whitters

I like the image of Oceanus Procellarum, especially all the lumps and bumps arround Lansberg