• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Yaaaaay, my ED80 just arrived!

Started by Daniel, Feb 13, 2008, 15:06:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

Sorry for the gratuitous yelling, but I just got my ED80 come through, can't wait to try this baby out, my 2" adapter even works straight out of the box, now all i need are some clear skies tonight.............a quick check on the met office website............................................Bugger!

just thought.....is this really technical?

Ian

Quote from: Daniel on Feb 13, 2008, 15:06:30
just thought.....is this really technical?

I suggest you find a problem we can help with, sharpish like... ;)

Daniel

Im sure i'll break something on my new toy!

Tony G

A couple of good evenings for observing and imaging and someone goes and gets a new bloody scope.  :(

Hence the weather. :-?

Tony G

ps Congrats on the new toy, Daniel. ;)
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Daniel

Haha, I guess that's an unwritten rule eh?

Ian

this is getting ridiculous.

It's time to organise kit purchases. In next years calendar, we should put kit buying days, probably around full moons and then make it a condition of membership that kit is only acquired on those days.

It took over a month to recover from some of the kit received for xmas (although I think Greg shoulders most responsibility for that, him getting an obscenely nice bit of kit...) and I bet we're now going to have to write off most of February now too. Mick did you order your scope? Just so I know, I think I'll pawn my kit if you did. I'll get it out of hock by the time the skies clear by doing a paper round.

mickw

Er, sorry Ian, yes   :oops:
Fortunately it should be getting shipped from US some time this week, so at least 2-3 weeks before I get my mits on it, so make the most of the clear skies   :twisted:
If you're hocking your stuff - first dibs on the Lidlescope  :lol:
Mick
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional