• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hi :)

Started by Tom C, Jan 19, 2008, 00:12:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom C

Hi everyone

It was really good to meet you all last night, I actually really enjoyed myself. Despite my apparent lack for remembering names, I think I managed to put faces to a lot of the names I've seen on the forum!

Mike - Nice to meet you too. I would have liked to join you for the pub but as I (still :o) don't drive, John's generous offer to give me a lift home (cheers for that :D) seemed like a better option than coercing a parent/sibling to get out of bed and give me a lift! If its ok with you I would still love to pick your brains on what options I've got at some point, as you really know your stuff with imaging! (I might actually start a new thread for this in the Technical section). I agree that coming to the observing/imaging is a great idea as I can see stuff in action and chat to even more people.

Doug - it was nice to meet you and put a name to your face, thanks for giving me some introductions as well. I actaully really enjoyed that presentation. Although some most of the physics was enitrely lost on me, it was nice to hear someone who is clearly so passionate about what he does!! I found the software controlled/robotic aspect fascinating....although did wonder if it drains some of the fun out of astronomy itself! and 200 nights a year ! :o :o

Ian - Well if the clouds continue I look forward to seeing Tony's(?) M32 again, rotated 90 degrees of course, next month  :lol: :lol:

Thanks to all the others who gave me a warm welcome, I'm sure I shall definitely be returning! :)

Cheers,

Tom

mickw

Tom you are not alone with the physics thing - I understand "Bang" but that's about it  ;)
As for the robotics, at least Tom has about 1/2 million pictures to browse when it's cloudy  :lol:
Mick
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional