• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Astrophotography

Started by Rocket Pooch, Dec 20, 2007, 15:40:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I've been looking from over here over the last few days at the images from the forum since October,  I'm well impressed with the ISS images and also the images from the newbie imagers (Tony M31 etc).  So I wondered if anyone has a problem with me going to some of the publications to try to get them to do an article on us to drum up some more members.  As in the heavily handicapped imagers (light pollution that's is) not cripples.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Chris

P.S. I suppose I should pull my finger out and do some imaging myself next time its clear?  It's been August since I did anything serious and I have some catching up to do.

Mike

Good idea Space Dog !!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Personally I think you've got a good point. We're imaging under some of the worst skies imaginable, even DSC isn't really that good, and there are some seriously impressive results posted here regularly. We've got a good stream of members beginning to image and a wide selection of hardware. We are a bit light on the SBIG cameras though.

Again this goes back to the Wiki/tutorial/forum thread capture ideas. I reckon that between all of us there's a pretty comprehensive book to be written...

As far as an article is concerned, they might prefer it if we write it first? I don't really know about that.

Jim

Mac