• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Red Plexiglass

Started by Mike, Nov 28, 2007, 13:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Same for me - I'm in no hurry.

Mike

OK Thanks guys i'll leave it in the car and give it to you when I see you next.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

I will be bringing this along to the Observing Session tonight. If you're going to be there don't forget your £5.27p's please. :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Mike,

If you are at the committee meeting tomorrow, I'll collect mine there and another calendar, if there is any left. If not I'll see you Friday.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Carole

Collected mine tonight, thanks Mike for cutting and smoothing down the edges.
Now all I need is my laptop back from my daughter (who's borrowed it while my telescope is out of action), and my telescope repaired and I can resume trying to do imaging !!!!

I'll come to the imaging session on Friday with or without telescope, to watch and learn.

Carole

Mike

Forecast for Friday is rain :(

Carole

Will there still be a talk on Astrophotography?
If so can the use of software be discussed.

I think my K3CCDtools version 1 has expired while I have been waiting to get my scope repaired.  I assume it won't work without.  Would you need me to bring my laptop and get it updated, or does some-one else have version 1 on theirs they could bring (i.e. Delphine or Miriam)? 

Otherwise I will have to get my laptop back from my daughter and update it before Friday.

Carole

Mike

Yes there will be a talk on astrophotography. I haven't had time to make a presentation but I will demonstrate some stuff in photoshop.

I have no idea what you mean by the K3CCD thing.

Carole

It's the imaging programme that Ian told me to download.  Don't worry then, you can hardly demonstrate it if you are not familiar with it. 

It has capture and stacking to the programme.  I'm OK with the stacking bit, just needed some help with the imaging bit as I couldn't get all the controls to work, but I'll ask some-one who uses it.

See you tonight.

Carole

Mike

If you are referring to K3CCD I am sure we can figure out what you need.

Mike

John, Mac and Ian - You are the last 3 that I still have the plexiglass for. I will bring them along to the meeting tonight.

JohnP

Cheers Mike I'll make sure I bring the dosh.... :-)

Mac

Ian

can I have a discount seein' as you've only got one left?

Mike

Bollocks! I should think not, old chap!