• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Red Plexiglass

Started by Mike, Nov 28, 2007, 13:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I was thinking of buying some Red Plexiglass Sheets to put over my laptop screen

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/mia/d/3mm+transparent+red+perspex+plexiglass+acrylic+sheet+500x1000mm/pid/5934896

They are £21 inc. postage for a 500mm x 1000mm x 3mm sheet, which I reckon will easily do 3 laptops. Does anyone else want some of this? If I get a sheet it will work out at £7 per laptop so if anyone else does want some I will order as many sheets as necessary.

With more and more laptops being used at DSC it is essential that we keep the screen glare down to a minimum. The flexible red acrylic stuff is easily damaged and a pain to use in the field whereas a hard sheet can be velcroed on and easily removed and stored away.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

yup, I'm up for a piece...

JohnP

Me too.. Cheers,  John

Mike

OK that's one sheet at least - Anyone else?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3mm-RED-GENUINE-PERSPEX-Cast-Acrylic-A4-Sheet_W0QQitemZ190176073902QQihZ009QQcategoryZ26258QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

don't know if this is as good, its smaller and pre-cut.

remember  still have loads of the plastic red sheet laying about.

Mike

That's solid red, not transparent. Might make viewing the screen a bit difficult ;)

Rocket Pooch

good for night vision though

Ian

Mike

OOoh Ian you've gone over your 1000th post !

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

And one for me as well - thanks.

Carole

If there is any left I'll have some Mike.

Carole

Mike

Mac

Add me to the growing list :lol:
Cheers

Delphine

I would like some as well please - hope I am not too late.

Cheers
Delphine