• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 7635 Bubble Nebula

Started by Fay, Nov 26, 2007, 17:08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

I only meant the big star to have spikes, I did not want the others they just appeared. I wanted a subtle look but I had a bit of a problem with Astronomy Tools, going thru about 100 actions on the image, & not knowing how to get out of it.
I will try out what you have said, John, I did not know about that.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Hi Fay,

That is a really impressive image, I can't believe you took that at 5:30pm in the afternoon !

Robert

Mike

Yeah I have to admit that taking that kind of image in the daytime is pretty impressive. I take it you have a sunlight filter?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

No, but it was just about dark, with a lot of moonglow

Fay

I must add, that a while ago, Chris suggested using Push Hard Dummy, for guiding. I thought he was taking the mickey.

I was having trouble with K3 guiding. Kept freezing, nerve wracking graph to watch  etc etc.

I wanted to use Maxim, but, I could not get the guiding going with the webcam. Mike, I read somewhere that Maxim does not support webcam guiding, I could be wrong, but anyway, I could not get it to work.

John reminded me of PHD & so that is what I used. It is very easy to setup. no aligning the webcam. It calibrates when guidestar is chosen & a bleeper goes off if the star disappears, if star is too saturated or guiding goes off for some other reason. I have done 10 min guiding with it. It may need a bit of fine tuning, as I did have to delete 4 of my L subs of the bubble. 

Fay

Rick

Quote from: RobertM on Nov 27, 2007, 21:53:52
That is a really impressive image, I can't believe you took that at 5:30pm in the afternoon !
Sunset's before 4:00pm at the moment, so 5:30pm is a good hour and a half after sunset. Plenty of time for it to get dark! ;)

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Quote from: Fay on Nov 28, 2007, 08:36:43
I wanted to use Maxim, but, I could not get the guiding going with the webcam. Mike, I read somewhere that Maxim does not support webcam guiding, I could be wrong, but anyway, I could not get it to work.

I really hope it does, otherwise I've got to spend some more money :(

Mike

Rocket Pooch

Quote from: Fay on Nov 28, 2007, 08:36:43
I must add, that a while ago, Chris suggested using Push Hard Dummy, for guiding. I thought he was taking the mickey.

Who me?

I prefer the 1st one by the way, reminds me of mine.