• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC 7635 Bubble Nebula

Started by Fay, Nov 26, 2007, 17:08:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Taken 231107 17.35, with SX thru ED80, guided with PHD via EOZS66. L= 9x300secs Ha = 6x300secs/CLS filter.
This wa going to be RGB but full Moon was about to appear from behind a tree, so I did not have time.

I had to delete 3 of the L due to star trailing.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rick

Quote from: Fay on Nov 26, 2007, 17:08:22This wa going to be RGB but full Moon was about to appear from behind a tree
No tree, and the Moon'd have got you sooner. Guess they're useful for sometimes. ;)

Nice shot. :)

Mike

Pretty good Fay. Not sure about the Christmas Card stars you've 'created' there though ;)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Thanks Rick. I think the Christmas card stars could be a woman thing. I am not sure if it is "pure" to put them on.

Fay

Fay

I will remove the christmas card stars, to be more correct.

Fay

mickw

Does this mean Santa won't be coming  :cry:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Perhaps this is more subtle

Fay

Tony G

Great image Fay, did you have any luck with the FR on the ED80.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

I like it - that's a nice image.  It's a fascinating target - it really does look like a bubble. 

Fay

Mick, you can still put your stocking up for Santa. I have asked him to make you a special case.

Thanks Mark.

Tony,

I have not found the correct combination. I am more interested in the FR suiting my SX as the Canon has a wide field of view anyway, although I do not have the correct adaptor for the Canon yet. Tony Sizer was going to investigate an adaptor.

I read an old advert that Adirondack was going to do a special FR for SX cameras whereby you had to remove the tube in front of the chip & attach the FR first. I contacted them & they said that they only did a 0.5 FR, of which I have a 1.25 one of those, & they are not sure if it would work with the SX as I would need "inward travel" for it to work.
It seems that a FR is not all things to all equipment. It has to be carefully worked out for the camera & scope used.

My 0.25 FR produces a lot of vignetting, I think because I cannot get it near enough to the chip, so I thought that a 2" would give a result.
I will be interested to see how you get on.

Fay 

Mike

They are artificially added in using Astronomy Tools.

I agree with Rick that the first version shows more detail and is less saturated.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Fay,

Are you taking about a Focal Reducer for the ED80?  If so the Astro Physics one work and is easy to use.  Also I thought you had a ZS66 with a FL of about 350mm I think, I'd use this rather than spending another £100+ on a good FR.

Lastly ou have Ha and CLS Filters, you can do a false Colour image if you use Ha for Red and CLS for Blue and Green, just a thought.

Nice image by the way.

Chris

Fay

Thanks for all that Chris. I will digest the info

Rocket Pooch

Fay

Lie, say you used a newt with thick secondy supports then your image is ok.

I like it, I also remember John and Mike posting images with spikes????

Chris

P.S. John where you been hiding?