• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

ZS66 USERS BOLTS

Started by Rocket Pooch, Oct 29, 2007, 21:24:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Next door to where I'm working at the moment is a nuts and bolts shop, I'm going to get some bolts to attach my WS66 to a flat plate so I can put it side by side with my ED80.  I beleive the thread is 1/4" and is not easy to get in the uk cheaply.

I'm going to get some for John P, Tony G & Jim M, does anyone else need them?

Chris

Ian

would that be the standard 1/4" as used on cameras and tripods? If so, I'll have a couple too, please.

Rocket Pooch

yup thats what it be!!!

JohnP

Cheers mate - when U back - seems like you've be away ages.....! Have you had a chance to look at the comet yet - I think Canada's not too different latitude to UK so should be similar skies... It's pretty damn impressive even with Bino's.

John

Rocket Pooch

I will be back this friday after 20 days in canada  :o

I have not even seen the comet yet because a) been out with the client or b) been working at night.

The good thing is they feel sorry for me so tonight they are taking me to a lap dancing club!!!!

Either I have done a good job, or they are using me as an excuse.

Tony G

I believe the seeing is excellent there tonight, :o but don't bring the bino's, as it make you look desparate :oops:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Chris, I can see the funny side of you working in the snow capped mountains of Canada, clear skies lovely scenery & you mention you are next to a nuts & bolts shop!!!!!!!
Perhaps you do need binos!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ian

I get it now. the subject title should be

"ZS66 User Bolts from Lap dancing Club after over-tightening nuts"

Fay

Ian you are too funny for your own good!!!!!!!!

Fay

Ian, I was trying to give Robert M a good impression of us, after "Tubegate" & you have gone and ruined it with your references to nuts & lapdancing!

Ian

Chris started it...

Didn't he???  :oops:

Rocket Pooch

I'm glad to report I got back alive.

Fay

You deserve a nice big bone, Spacedog!!!!

Ian

Fay, you're a straight-man to rival Ernie Wise...

resist the temptation, resist the temptation, no jokes about bones, no jokes about lap dancers...

Rocket Pooch

Fay

Ian, what do you mean, straight man? Hope it has nothing to do with lapdancers bones & nuts!

Ian

Fay

Ian I hope you are not saying I am the stooge & you are the funny one!!!!!!

RobertM

Hi Chris,

A couple of 10-32 X 1/4 stainless steel grub screws would be great, I have one missing from my JMI NGF-S (one spare would be good too)

Thanks
Robert

Rocket Pooch

eeek ok got some 1/4" bolts 4 1" and 20 1/2" ones, I'll distribute them when i get back. 

RobertM

Sorry should have been watching this thread.   I have a number of stainless steel hex screws of various sizes, the sort of size you would use to bolt telescope to mounts - if anyone needs some...

Ian

Quote from: Fay on Nov 01, 2007, 16:36:13
Ian I hope you are not saying I am the stooge & you are the funny one!!!!!!

not usually, but this

QuoteYou deserve a nice big bone, Spacedog!!!!

was such a good starting point to be silly, it almost looked deliberate   :P