• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Magical London Astro Tour

Started by Greg, Apr 24, 2003, 16:14:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

This is the last call for anyone intrerested in obtaining a seat on the Magical London Astro Tour. We are near capacity but a few seats remain untaken. Anyone coming along to the meeting tonight, please ask anyone that you might know that has as yet not taken a place on this trip.
The goal is to have the coach pretty much full.

Thanks for all your help

Rick

Greg mentioned last night that folks should bring a packed lunch, and that the coach company had asked us not to bring thermos flasks.

Greg: Was there anything else I've forgotten?

Mike

I am completely at a loss about the thermos flask request ! On a long journey like that people would like a hot drink at some time !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rick

I expect they're bothered about the risk of folks pilling hot liquids over themselve while trying to dring as the coach bumps over sleeping policemen. Or something.

I'm not sure I remembered all the details accurately though. It might have been aimed at anything easily spillable, and not just thermos flasks, but I only remembered the thermos flasks....