• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Introduction...

Started by RobertM, Sep 22, 2007, 14:39:24

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Hi,

My name is Robert Mercer and I joined the OAS earlier this year.  I've managed to miss most of the meetings since then but have managed to attend a couple of Mikes Imaging sessions (missed last nights - 21st Sep).

I Live in Mayfield Avenue and have major sources of LP near me, namely a tennis court to the west and the town centre to the SE.  Can read the Telegraph when it's really bad !  A

Equipment consists of various stuff collected (mostly) second hand over the years, current stock is:

Losmandy G11 with Gemini level 4.
Celestron C9.25 + F6.3 reducer
Takahashy Sky 90
Starlight-Xpress SXV-H9 + dedicated guider
Meade DSI Pro
Atik filter wheel with Astronomik LRGB Type2 and 13nm Ha filter
Coronado SolarMax 40 with T-Max tuner and adaptor for the Tak
Various Eyepieces
Maxim DL

Note that my original Posting was done using the login Robert which I acquired before membership, I'll use RobertM from now on  as that's my Gallery login.

Robert

JohnP

Cheers Robert - Welcome - looks like you have some great equipment - great to have another imager on the forum/ member of OAS. Hope to meet you at Mike's or one of the meetings soon.

John

Rick

I'll see whether I can get the two IDs combined into one...

Ok. I think that's done. I think the one that survived the process is the first one you created. Contact me if things don't seem right.

RobertM

Hi Rick,  Thanks for merging them and I think I ended up with RobertM which was what I wanted (same as the Gallery login).

Re equipment, it's not what you've got it's how you use it ;-)  as I'm finding out the hard way...

Rocket Pooch

Yes but what a list it is to learn with!