• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Sir Patrick at Stag Sevenoaks Wed 18th June

Started by Sue, Apr 01, 2003, 05:24:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Sue

Patrick Moore is to give a talk with slides on Mars at the Stag theatre Sevenoaks 8:00pm Wed. 18th June.( Yes, between the trip to Bath and the Star-b-que!) I intend to go - is anyone else interested? They do reduced rates for parties, if enough people would like to come along as a group.

The Stag has a large car park at the rear and is 10-15 minutes walk from Sevenoaks station,uphill.(I would be happy to provide lifts for a few train travellers if required.)

[ This Message was edited by: Sue on 2003-03-31 20:24 ]

Mike

How much are the tickets please Sue ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Sue

Here are more details - I will ring the box office later when they open regarding reduction for group bookings.

SIR PATRICK MOORE 80TH BIRTHDAY TOUR
Mars: The Next Frontier
Wed 18th June : 8.00pm : £12, £10, £6

Mars, the Red Planet, may support life. We know there are no Martians, but the planet cannot be dismissed as sterile and is soon to be reached by man. Using colour slide projections, the legendary Sir Patrick talks about latest knowledge of conditions there and discusses manned missions, permanent bases and eventual colonies.

http://www.stagtheatre.co.uk

Sue

Further to the above, unfortunately no group reductions or concessions on the evening, only a few £6 seats - limited view, although not too problematic at this event apparently.

Sue

I am planning to buy tickets at the end of this week. There are currently three of us going along to the talk. Anyone else like to join us?