• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Tiny Triffid or should I say Lagoon

Started by Rocket Pooch, Aug 20, 2007, 10:27:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

Just got back from France only to realise my spare room is now full of girl stuff, so I can't get to my computer to process my images, here a quick low res stack of the triffid Lagoon from southern france 30x1 minute unguided, RGB on a disk somewhere.

JohnP

Chris - Are you sure that's the Triffid - looks like Lagoon to me... M8...

Tremendous image - When can we see the 'full processed' LRGB. Unbelievable for 1 min subs...

John

Fay

Chris,

I knew I would be envious of what you will have taken in France, & I was right. Fantastic!! & not even processed yet!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Chris just checked on SMP11 & m8 reaches 21 1/2 deg from where you imaged it.. only reaches 14 deg from Bromley/ Mottingham.. so absolutely no chance to image from here.... :-(  Still an amzing image seeing it was only 21 deg up... John

Mike

Very nice. Especially with just 1 minute subs, you must have had a very dark sky.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Oscar the Cat

Can't wait to see the colour version.