• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

ZS66 outing

Started by Rocket Pooch, Aug 06, 2007, 14:41:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

Ok, on Saturday I decided not to image, although the skies we're fantastic, so what I did instead is drove down just 10 miles north of Rye and did a couple of hours visual.  Wow it was dark, unlike Tuesnode you could not see a person 10 foot from you untill the moon came up, but you could still see the Ashford haze in the far distance.

With the ZS I managed to see the structure of M27 with a 26mm Skywatcher eyepiece as well as NGC 6830 & 6823, the ngc objects are about mag 7.

This little scope is fantastically portable and excellent for bright wide field images.

I also did a little double star splitting, I had a  Siebert Optics 7.3 mm star splitter eyepiece made for me (www.SiebertOptics.com) odd little eyepiece by at £50 its was a lot clearer and better at splitting doubles than my 5mm Skywatcher Eyepiece.  Alberio was well and trully split, and the two double doubles in Lyra we're easy as well.  I did not get much of a chance to do more than an hour because I needed some sleep, so off to be me went!

oops forgot to put this here http://www.carbonar.es/s33/Lyra/33_lyra_maps.html