• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Ring from the 14th April

Started by Whitters, May 02, 2007, 00:41:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

A bit late in posting, I've only just found my password to my webspace  :oops:
Well here it is my first image for what must be over a year, taken through an Orange William Optics SZ66 and Starlight x-press MX916. Bias and dark frames applied no flats.

JohnP

Nice one Paul - Glad to see you are back in action... hopefully see lots more from you soon.

Have you got any exposure details....? Some of the stars look a little square - don't know if that's my eyes or compression artifacts....

Cheers,  John

Mike

Welcome back Paul !!

Does the fact the ZX66 is orange make any difference ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

YES Orange makes all the difference, you should know that ;-)

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Paul,

that is a very nice image. So many stars on view.

Can you tell me how many frames, how long exposures  etc etc you did?

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

About time Paul, I thought you had become one of those you know, talk about it and not do it, astronomers.

Nice image, I assume that was not binned?

Chris

P.S. My Wo ZS66 is white, much  better than orange because wasps do not go for it.

Whitters

50 x 30seconds, unbinned, image calibrated, stacked and stretched no extra processing.

Whitters