• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Glitches

Started by Rick, Feb 10, 2003, 22:29:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Orpington had a powercut this morning that took my systems down, and also seems to have affected the forum for a while...

...seems to be Ok now.

[ This Message was edited by: Rick on 2003-02-10 14:30 ]

Ian

there's a story about that. I've asked Greg to put a notice up on the main site that the forum may be unreliable until the end of next weekend. I'll tell you all about it after.

Don't get excited though, ideally you won't even notice that anything has happened.

Mike

Orpington is ALWAYS having power cuts. The amount of times the lights dip on and off, or you come in from work to find the PC has rebooted and the digital clocks all need resetting. I've never known anywhere to be so bad for power cuts or brown outs ! Even had a few spells of no power at all for hours on end.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

never happens on a clear night though....

Rick

I've had two power-cuts that caused my computers trouble in the last two months. Before that it was fairly stable. The nature of the cuts is such that I'm slightly tempted by a UPS...

Rick

On 2003-02-10 14:41, Ian wrote:
I've asked Greg to put a notice up on the main site that the forum may be unreliable until the end of next weekend.

That's done.

Rick

We're back? Looks like it... :wink:

Ian

yup. That was fun....

Some changes, php has been upgraded and it has broken the login a little. It still works but you need to tick the box marked save login of 30 days. I'll fix this as soon as I can.

The other change is the trial version of the forum did not survive the week. Sorry.

Rick

Trying to upgrade to the latest version of phpBB?

[ This Message was edited by: Rick on 2003-02-16 12:06 ]

Ian

nope. Emergency work that included a reinstall and upgrade...

Rick

Been a few glitches this last week too...

Ian

if you're talking about availability glitches, the monitoring systems are up and running, but BT/Eclipse really are playing silly peeps at the moment. If this performance continues I'll start building logs with which to hit them with.

Any other sort of glitch, let me know. Things are quite the same so hopefully we'll have a go at phpBB2 as soon as.

Rick

Nope. They're the typical "can't get there from here" type of glitch... Good luck with Eclipse/BT...