• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Luke's Lunar Eclipse Sequence..

Started by JohnP, Mar 21, 2007, 11:20:40

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi All,

While I was capturing the Lunar Eclipse at the start of the month Luke was out in the garden with me using his little digital compact he got for Christmas. I only just got round to processing the results for him but I must say I am quite impressed. Below is a sequence of the shots he took up to full eclipse.

Cheers,  John

Fay

Luke,

I am so impressed  with your Lunar Eclipse images. So much better than I have done yet!!!!!

I missed my chance as I thought it was due to happen in the early hours.
You are fortunate to have a good teacher on site.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Thks Fay - To be honest the only help I gave Luke was with PhotoShop & creating the sequence. He did all the camera stuff, settings, focus... etc. etc. by himself - I was too engrossed with grabbing my own images. I am really suprised at the results you can get with a small hand held digital compact...

John

Rocket Pooch

Hi Luke,

That's good eh!  Puts some of the so called imaging "experts" to shame a little on the other forums, especially considering the kit used.  Well done, when your dad gives you a couple of grand to buy some Deep Sky kit I look forward to you putting us all to shame.

But seriously, without being condescending that's very good.

Chris

Astroluke

Hi Chris and Fay,

Thanks for all the kind comments! I really enjoyed taking these snaps, it was an awesome sight. Next time I am going to try to take some images through the eyepiece - Once I have managed to pester my dad into buying me an adapter...

Astroluke

Tony G

Hi Luke,

Great images and as Chris said it would put some imagers to shame, keep up the good work and it won't be long before your dad is asking for your help.
By the way I have a adaptor that will hold a camera to an eyepiece, i'll bring it to the meeting tomorrow if your there, if not i'll pass it on to your dad.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Thks Tony....

I'll be there - I think I'm on Tea duty anyway..... :-(

See you later - John.

Tony G

Thanks John,

that reminds me I've got the tea stuff :(

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Jim

Luke

I'm really impressed with your pictures, well done and thanks for sharing them. They do inspire us all.  Do hope you can tonight to hear Nik Symanek.

regards
Jim

Mike

Excellent Luke. Very nice collage there. Well done!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Astroluke

Hopefully I will be able to hear Nik tonight!!! I have got to help my dad anyway...

Miriam

Hi Astroluke
I love the lunar eclipse pictures  - sorry I didn't notice them before.
Maybe you'll inspire me to do something with my digital camera. I should have time to experiment when we go to COAA in August.

Miriam  :roll: