• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp 16 March 2007

Started by Miriam, Mar 14, 2007, 19:25:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam

I went down to Tuesnoad after work today to do a pitch inspection.
We will be OK to camp this weekend.

The lower part of the field (where we usually put our tents) is reasonably dry. By the gate is a bit muddy, but not too bad as long as we are careful. Geoff Wright was concerned about us getting our cars stuck  - but we can take responsibility for that.

Some bits of the field are muddier than others, but my boots are not caked in mud, having walked around a fair bit.

See you all on Friday.
Happy camping!

Miriam

JohnP

Thks Miriam - Are the sheep still on the field...? John

Mac

Looking forward to this weeks DSC as i've not managed to get off of work for the previous ones however.

Being a DSC virgin, just a couple of questions.

1) What time can we get access to the field?
2) Who do i pay the money to?
3) As i've been lumbered with the dog this weekend, are pets allowed in the field?

Thanks in advance

Mac.

Miriam

Forgot to say  - if we want a camp fire, we need to take our own logs!

Tony G

If I remember we said that if everyone was to get a bag of fire wood in the petrol garage on the way down, there would be enough for the fires over the weekend.

Either that or we get the society to buy a large chainsaw. :lol:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Mac :-

1) What time can we get access to the field?

Any time you like - people start to arrive around 1-2pm on the Friday.

2) Who do i pay the money to?

Me, Jeff or Paul.

3) As i've been lumbered with the dog this weekend, are pets allowed in the field?

I don't think so as sheep are in the field usually.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

A "DSC Virgin" oh dear :-)

Don't worry Mac its all 5 star accommodation and no mucking about.