• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Saturn (old faithful)

Started by Tony G, Mar 13, 2007, 23:00:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Until I sort out the other camera and after Mikes imaging session, I noticed that Saturn had been given a miss this year until John's posting.
So I went back to basics, took my time and sorted out everything without rushing and took so images, one of which is posted below.

Taken with Toucam Pro II x2 Barlow and processed in Registax

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Tony Mate - Congrats on your Saturn - much better than mine but I think the focal length of your scope helps - You can borrow my X3 barlow if you want to give it a try.

Great image - love the colouring & detail on the globe..

John

Rocket Pooch

Good image tony, a 3x barlow will give you a lot more detail, but this is excellent you can see the divisions and colour very well.

Chris

Tony G

Thanks,
looking back at the other images of Saturn, I think this is the best one I've taken and processed to date.
I have in my possession a x4 imagemate which I forgot to get out due to the fact that everything was going to plan and that I was happy with what I had, but if all goes as planned and tonight is clear, I'll try the x2 & x4.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Tony, that is certainly a lovely image. How many exposures did you do?

I want to have a go myself.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!