• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mike's Imaging Evening 9th march

Started by Fay, Mar 10, 2007, 08:18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

A lovely clear sky, 10 people, different imaging techniques going on around the garden.

A very interesting evening, the main attraction, Mike setting up from the beginning & doing a 10 minute guided exposure of the Sunflower Galaxy.

Thanks to Cris for looking after us.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Nice one Fay- hope to see the image soon..

Tony G

Sorry posted same message twice. :oops:
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Tony G

I can now take images of the fence and part of Orion, remotely from my laptop.
John told me the program to purchase and Fay showed me some of the workings last night @ Mikes
Thanks Mike for a great night and don't forget to post the image you were doing, (you made it look easy) and thanks Fay for all your help.
And Fay don't worry about the noise, like i said we all get old!!!! :(

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

I must admit when I was going to the station last night to a party in London, I was kinda kicking myself because the sky looked really transparent and settled, so hopefully you all some some nice pictures for us to look at.

Chris

JohnP

What's this about noise then Tony...

Glad you sorted out the EOS - looking forward to some images from DSC...

John.

Tony G

If you speak to Fay, She'll explain. :lol:

Tony G

Fay

The noise was the amount of noise on Mike's image. He kept telling me not to worry about it, it can be sorted later!!

Having had this noise myself, I thought that I must have been doing something wrong with Maxim, but Mike said it was a normal event!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Phew..! I thought it was linked with the uncontrolled passing of wind.... glad to hear it was only electrical.... :-)

John