• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

I'm not worthy........

Started by Tony G, Mar 05, 2007, 09:41:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Looking at all the images makes me think that i'm not worthy..... :(
I spent Saturday night clicking away merrily on the camera (not knowing what i was doing basically) thinking that what looked in focus actually wasn't when downloaded and getting the right exposure etc.  :x and thought after that i should have set the scope up and attempted so images with the webcam. Still! we learn by our mistakes. I had a meeting with John last week (thanks again)  and he showed me a great deal of information and tips on imaging with the Canon 350d and the software that allows you to focus properly which i've now purchased, which i was hoping to put into practice on Saturday but i'm still waiting for 1no. cable which i've been told this morning will be with me tomorrow.
So maybe, just maybe, i'll be ready for the next one. :wink:
It was still a wonderful site to see and something i won't forget.
It was also quite memorable that it stayed clear for the event, as usually we are left looking at the underside of a cloud base.
May I just say again that all the images are a credit to those who took them.

Keep up the good work.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Hi Tony,

QuoteLooking at all the images makes me think that i'm not worthy.....

Don't talk rubbish. The important thing is that you were out there & observed it - it certainly was a memorable experience. Luke was out in the garden with me snapping away with his little compact & thoroughly enjoyed himself..

Did any of your images come out?

I've just checked on SMP & next total lunar eclipse is feb 21st 2008 so not too long to wait -  should be viewable in entirity from London (assuming not cloudy) - There is one in August 2007 but occurs in daytime... (i.e. below horizon)

Cheers,  John

Tony G

I think I should have some practice in by next Feb as the cable was at home when I got in so I can now look at getting started.
Some of the images from the other night are below and you can see what I mean when I said that I thought it was in focus but it wasn't.
Should be better now with DSLRFocus.

these are raw images and have not been proceeded.

These were taken with Canon 350d, 70mm-300mm lens, no filters.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Tony Mate, I think you have done yourself an injustice - I think that they are both very good - The top one especially - it looks like focus is very good... It looks like they may have been some lens flare or similar which is why you have a ghosting effect.

I think these are good images just keep playing & practising especially now you are all setup with DSLR Focus.

Cheers,  John

Fay

Tony,

I also think you did very well. You have just got your camera & will now be able to get lots of practise in, if we see the sky ever again!

You are definately worthy!!!!!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

looks ok to me Tony, but you should have taken the orange wrapper off the lense before you took the picture :-)