• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

not taken as many as Chris...

Started by Ian, Mar 04, 2007, 00:41:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

and it's time for my beauty sleep (yeah I know, :P )

taken at 22:35, Nikon D70 on the 8" F6, 20 seconds.

Fay

Ian,

A very beautiful image.  

I bet you and Chris have a few bags under your eyes today!!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Hi Ian,

nice one - I also took a few with the EOS through the ZS66 - I'll post when I have had a chance to upload. It was really cool - even Luke was out there with his little compact & will post his attempts soon.

Cheers, John

Ian

looking forward to seeing them John.

I think it'd be good to be in a dark site to watch an eclipse one year. It looks a little too much like sodium glow in a suburban sky to really understand the wonder a lunar eclipse used to be viewed with...

John, if we get a chance, I'd like to look at your focussing techniques for using the SLR at DSC, the focus on my images last night was not brilliant.

Fay

Was mistaken in mentioning baggy eyes!

Because I am not quite with it, this week, I thought the eclipse was going to be in the early hours of the morning.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Ian

Fay, I didn't actually stay up for the whole eclipse I was knackered. But even so, by the time I'd posted a bit on here and packed away it was plenty late anyway.

Bags under the eyes are pretty usual for me, my 3 year old refuses to sleep for a whole night still :(

Rocket Pooch

BTW I like this image because its not noisy like mine, its really nice.

Ian

Cheers Chris,

just not quite in focus, which I need to work on.

JohnP

Hi Ian,

It looks pretty close to me. What format did you shoot in. Did you shoot Raw - in this instance the camera doesn't do any sharpening for you so raw images always looks slightly less sharp than Jpeg's. If you apply a very light unsharp mask in PS it brings it up nicely. I took the liberty & did it for you & have reattached result below - looks nice & sharp to me.

By the way I use DSLR Focus as my capture & focus prog - I can show you at next DSC.

Cheers,  John

Ian

John, that looks better. I've had another play with the NEF and with a small amount of smoothing to remove noise and a gentle unsharp mask to bring the details back out it looks like this...

If you'd like to play with the nef it's here...

http://www.itinerant-services.ltd.uk/DSC_2779.nef

I'll certainly be looking over your shoulder during DSC.