• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Workshop 7 - Friday 12th Jan at 8pm

Started by Mike, Dec 12, 2006, 19:20:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Imaging Workshop 7 is now set as Friday 12th Jan at 8pm

This is for the astrophotographers to get together and do some imaging. Anyone else who wants to come to watch and learn, or just do some observing is also welcome.

A new addition to the imaging sessions will be one hour workshops on various imaging subjects (useful if it is cloudy).

Hot and cold drinks and nibbles will be provided.

Bring a sleeping bag if you are crashing overnight. Bring an extension lead if you need mains power.

If it is cloudy you are still welcome as we usually just chat, drink wine and demonstrate image processing, etc.

If you need the address or my phone number then send me a PM.

Please note that any member is welcome, even if you have no equipment and just want to watch and learn.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Mike,

A for a change I'm in the country, but b can you organise to proper weather for next week, I need to image M45 before it goes away with the Vixen and EOS.

So providing you can lay on the conditions I'll be there with smitt.

Chris

Mike

I have my cloudbuster set up in the garden ready.

Plan B - I have loads of beer and wine.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Cheers,

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

The Imaging Session went well last night (despite no clear skies). There was a record 14 people present. I did a talk on the equipment with a question and answer session, which went down well and of course there was plenty of nibbles and wine.