• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp... This week

Started by JohnP, Nov 13, 2006, 10:46:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Thanks Delphine. The room I will be staying in is on the ground floor!!!!! Don't like ground floors in the country, in case a spider gets in!!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Spiders...! I wouldn't worry about those they are all likely to be drowned based on the amount of rain we have been having - I'd be more worried about fish....:-)

Seriously though - BBC weather actually has it showing as clearing around Maidstone between 9pm-12'ish & staying that way for the rest of the night.. If that holds true then it could be an all-nighter..  

See Fay you didn't really need to book a hotel for the night after all & there is always the greasy spoon not too far away to go to for your fry up in the morning & they have loos as well although I must admit they were a bit questionable...? (must be all those long distant lorry drivers..)

Anyway I'm heading off in an hour or so to set up my tent....

Cheers,  John

Mike

Fay - serious question - if it is clear and you want to stay up till like 1am - will you be able to get back in the B&B afterwards ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan