• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp... This week

Started by JohnP, Nov 13, 2006, 10:46:17

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Just curious - Who's planning on going & what time are you planning on arriving..

I'm going down on Friday early to set up the tent in daylight & then got to go back to Bromley to pick up the boys after school so will hopefully be back down around 5'ish...

Weather forecast looking a bit crap again though... :-(

John

Mike

I will be down around 1pm to set up. I will then have to go back later on to pick Cris up.

Yeah forecast isn't good but we always have a good time anyway. Also, we have been down ther when the forecast was bad and had great clear skies so i never rely on those.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

I am leaving here about 2pm. Should be at the field by 4pm.

I agree, about the weather. I have had a look at a couple of sites & it looked like around 9pm it was going to be ok. You can't rely on these sites, however, we will have to take pot luck! I have to say that as I am paying £60 for B & B!!!!!!!!!

I enjoy it,  we are in good company & all have a good time anyway!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Quote from: "Fay"...I am paying £60 for B & B....

Lightweight !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Quote from: "Fay"...I am paying £60 for B & B....

Lightweight !

Fay

But I will be turning up to support the cause & help hold the fort, whatever the weather!

Fay

Tony G

£60,
when I was young you could buy one of those pop-up tents, three sleeping bags, a stove, go to the pictures and have a bag of chips on the way home and still have change.
Fay if I knew what you was paying I could have rustled up some brekkie and set up a sleeping bag in the marque over looking the field next door so the sheep didn't distrub you.
I'll be down there about 1 or 2 and so will look after the tents and equipment while people are away.
So until then see you later. :wink:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

Tony, I know. I was a bit worried in case I was the only one going!

I will make sure I have a tent, bed & sleeping bag for next spring. Hopefully we will get some clear skies, but I keep looking at the forcasts and they keep changing!!!!

Fay

Tony G

Just looking out the office window, and straight away DSC comes to mind, but I don't know if it was the solid grey sky thinking of what glories there are beyond them or whether it was the torrential rain and me wondering that the tent was waterproofed enough.
Still not long to go now, and the ground will be nice and soft if you don't have a camp bed. :wink:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Rocket Pooch

Hi Tony,

I predict the skies clearing at 7:45 till Saturday 6pm with 25% cloud cover.

Chris

JohnP

Chris I hope you are right - Looks horrible here at the moment.. maybe I should pack a boat instead of a telescope.......

John.

Ian

I've already put my snorkel on the top of my bag...

Rocket Pooch

Well nice and optomistic you lot are, personally I think it will clear tomorrow from 4pm, all night.

I'm not packing a boat or a wet suit.

Mike

Ian are you coming to DSC ?!?!?!

Delphine

We are coming on Saturday, before lunch hopefully.  Fay you could have borrowed my small tent & spiders again!