• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Orion (USA) Intelliscope

Started by Jan, Nov 08, 2006, 15:14:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan

Does anyone else have an Orion (USA) Intelliscope Dobsonian reflector? The electronics somewhere on my Intelliscope function (controller, or encoders, or cables, or?) have a fault and I would like to test the various parts with a functional unit so I can find out exactly which part needs replacing. It is a quick and easy job and I would come around with the various parts to make the checks.

Very many thanks

Jan
Hildenborough
Tel: - pm me if you want Jans  number, Ian

Mike

I'm not sure that any society members have an intelliscope. I know there are one or two Orion owners, but don't think they are dobs.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Anonymous

Very many thanks for this. In fact, after recent very helpful information by email from Orion's technical support in the USA I have a good idea roughly where the fault might be. I have just ordered several parts from them as they were so cheap. Hopefully one of these will solve the problem.