• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

We did get a little clear sky last week

Started by Ian, Jan 02, 2003, 08:39:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

so I took a piccie of saturn. This is a stack of around 350 frames 8"+2x barlow.

I think I see a hint of the inner rings (crepe?) and possibly a hint of the encke minimum (I think to call it a division would be a little exaggerated).

Mike

Wow - That is an excellent image Ian. Well done. The detail is fantastic.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Excelent - Talk about pushing up the bar!

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

nope, my usual 8" europa.

10" I wish... :smile:

Mike

Sorry, thought it was 10" for some reason !?

Whitters

Had a bash with the C8, but no where near

[ This Message was edited by: Whitters on 2003-01-19 00:37 ]

Mike

Still pretty darn good - nice pic !

Ian

I had a crack at Jupiter a couple of days ago, but the result was rubbish. The see was so swimmy I could only just about make out the two equatorial belts.
As long as you think your collimation is good, then seeing and focus are prime suspects, given you other work, focus doesn't seem to be a problem so that leaves seeing. Unfortunately no amount of stacking will fix that if it really is bad.
I'm going to try Jupiter again in the coming weeks as it'll be higher in the sky earlier, and not just above the orpington bypass where it is at the moment...