• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Astronomy Tools....

Started by JohnP, Jul 23, 2006, 09:42:04

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi All,

I know that Fay highlighted the astronomy Tools package for Photoshop a few weeks ago downloadable from here:

http://actions.home.att.net/Astronomy_Tools.html

I decided to download & have a play (not much to loose for £11). The first thing I tried was playing around with my recent M16 image. I decided to add some False colour Ha. As you can see this is quite effective - I also did a noise reduction on this image (again I was quite pleased with the results). You can see the results here:

Before:

After:

I also played around with removing  Blue Halo's on one of my M57 images - again this worked very well. I'm quite impressed with the tools & would say they are worth the £11 investment. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,  John

Mike

Thanks for the info. John. I've often considered getting those myself. Any chance of an example of the halo removal please?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Here is my M27 before & after - As you can see the Halo command has done a reasonable job on all but the very large star upper left but even this has been improved significantly. It is so easy to use.... I'm impressed anyway.

Cheers,  John

before:

after:

Fay

John,

I think the Photoshop Astro Tools seems to be a worthwhile buy. As you say, it is quite a reasonable cost. The Eagle looks great, so much depth.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

I was suprised myself how well it came out considering its position in the southern sky... The Astronomy tools did a real good job of adding false colour & smoothing the noise...

Cheers,  John