• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Mars and the Beehive

Started by Tony G, Jun 15, 2006, 19:47:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Just wondered if anyone was imaging tonight, Mars would be passing directly in front of the Beehive cluster and it would make a nice image if you knew what to do to capture both in the same frame.
Don't forget Saturday at High Elms, maybe some of us could get some good images of Saturn and Mars together.
Good luck.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

I was hoping to get some images tonight but it is cloudy. The forecast for Saturday night looks good so far.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Unfortunately Tony I wasn't in a fit state to do anything after the football.... Also, I have a 'crappy' Western horizon from my back garden so I don't think I would have been able to see it anyway....

I'm working on trying to sort out 'auto-guiding' at the moment... yet another learning curve but with Chris's help I think I'm getting their slowly.. Once I've got it sussed I should be able to do some nice long exposure wide field stuff using my EOS digital camera & the widefield scope I bought (ZS66).

Cheers - Have you had a try at Jupiter recently....? Keep on trying, John

Whitters

7th june 21:36 UT Mars and Saturn

16th June 2006 21:27 UT

I wanted to see them coming closer over the week, but darn cloud ! :-( But they are now in the same telescope field of view.

Mike

Wow that's surprising how red Mars has come out on your camera.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan