• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

My quickest ever imaging session...

Started by JohnP, Jun 07, 2006, 23:48:40

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I wanted to give Jupiter a quick image as I haven't managed to get the GRS this season in any of the images I've taken. Skymap pro told me it would be finishing it's transit around 11'ish tonight so while it was still bright I got the mount out & did a quick polar alignment. I grabbed a few Avi's (it wasn't actually dark) before clouds rolled in. All in all from start to finish about 1 hr.. in fact 'wifey' couldn't believe it when I told her I was back in for the night before 11pm...

Anyway here's the image with the GRS. Slightly smaller in scale if you compare with Chris's giant Jupiter yesterday.. Image was taken at F18 with my 5-inch scope with a 80% moon near by & high cloud.

Cheers,  John

Rocket Pooch

Rocket Pooch

Also on the 9th at about 10pm the red spot and an IO shadow will be on Jupiter at the same time...

Anonymous

Hi Chris - I actually just looked at the image a bit closer & I got the Junior Red spot as well - I've enlarged the image by 2 & marked the GRS & JRS. Supposedly these two storms are going to collide sometime in June or July...

Cheers,  John