• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Last night's moon..

Started by JohnP, May 31, 2006, 08:45:43

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Couple of images quickly grabbed with EOS & ZS66 - 1/200 & 4 sec exposure to show Earthshine....

Cheers,  John

Tony G

John
nice first image but i think the second one's a bit out of focus and blurred :D (only joking)
very good shots and hopefully if you are going the weekend we'll get a few more.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Thks Tony - I had scope & camera on a static tripod.... It's amazing how quickly it moves at 388mm f/l during a 4 sec exposure.... it was just a quick 'grab' shot..

Anyway I'm hoping to pop down on Friday if weather looks good. I'll probably just bring the kit down in the car & have a late night session & then drive back up when I'm finished. Unfortunately, I can't make Saturday or Sunday.... :cry:

John

Rocket Pooch

Thats odd, I allways thought there was only one moon in the sky?

Anyway, I came home yesterday from France because I got fed up with it being wet, very very wet.

I'll probably see you at headcord with me telescope, althought I do not have a guide cam at the moment so I'll probably try to get Jupiter and the moon etc.

If its clear.