• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Saturn

Started by Tony G, May 07, 2006, 22:43:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Hi,
Cannot image M101 yet, but I would like to in the near future, but until that night comes I will have to make do with Saturn,(which I could make do with every night if the weather permitted). But I would never get bored with Saturn. This image was taken on Friday night @ 10.30pm with Toucam pro II and x2 barlow and processed with Registax and a load of help from other members from last Saturday who were showing us novices what and how to do thing correctly, THX.
(i have to work on the colour a bit more in the future)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Well Tony, I would certainly be pleased if I had produced that image. Well done.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Hi Tony,

Very impressive indeed... You must be well chuffed... :-)

Did you do the RGB shift thing in Registax - it'll probably get rid of the blue fringes.. Also did you use your IRB filter? Finally, how many frames did you stack....

Cheers,  John

Fay

Tony,

That is a really good photo. I have had the scope out 3 times recently but I have always been below a 27 mile deep cloud bank!

Perhaps I should be more dedicated & be up til the early hours, like Chris with that meteor.
Hope Chris has another evening.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

Fay - Don't forget there is an Imaging Session at my house this Friday.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Will be there Mike.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

Hi Tony,

Nice shot get it on the gallery.

Chris  

P.S. Mike PM me your address etc I lost it.

Tony G

Hi
John I tried that RGB thingy and it did take those blurry bits away and there were just over 1000 frames which were stacked

and the IRB filter was used.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson