• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

New Webpage at long last....!

Started by JohnP, Mar 15, 2006, 18:21:53

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Hi All,

At long last I have published my new webpage.... It's been nearly a
year an half since I did any updates (Nov 94). I kept meaning to
update but one thing lead to another & it never got done then I got
to the stage where I had so many new images to add it became a major
task.. In between I purchased an LXD75 mount, Eos300D, modified my
Toucam to SC3, bought a 2nd hand MN56.... and sold my Tal-2m & went to a few DSC's...

Anyway at long last I got around to it - there are one or two
descriptions still missing but it's about 95% complete.

Link is as follows:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.punnett/

I'd really appreciate any feedback especially if you come across
errors or problems etc.

I'd also like to thank my son Luke who helped me out a lot with some of the re-programing... Never again will I leave it so long!

Thks for looking,

John

Mike

Excellent site John. Nicely laid out. I didn't realise you had done so many DSO's ! You have spurred me on to get mine sorted out now :)
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Hi John,
Excellent job with the website (can not do an envious emoticon), keep up the great work.

Tony G

PS I now have a shortcut on the works computer and the lads at work are very impressed with the images.
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Cheers Mike & Tony - Thks for your comments.

Mike - The SC3 has really opened up the door for me on DSO imaging.. It enables me to capture a lot more images not possible with my old equipment. Hopefully my 'Messier' collection will grow once the clouds disappear. By the way I added a link to your webpage on my Links page...

Tony - Thks for the comments - your mates at work will be expecting similar images from you... I would recommend starting a webpage of your own - even if you only have a few shots of the moon/ saturn - it's a great way to catalog your images (not loose them) & you can see how you improve....

Thks again,  John

Rick

Do you want a link on the OAS site? If so, to which page on your site?

JohnP

Thks Rick - I already have one - you did it for me about 3 years ago... it's under John Punnett.

Thks again, John

Rick

Oops! So you do. And it's even the same URL too! :)