• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Saturn on a clear night

Started by Tony G, Feb 12, 2006, 00:16:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

This was my attempt of Saturn on Thursday the first clear night in a long time, I seemed to get everything in order this time (meaning not forgetting to save files and filters etc as I have on previous occasions). It could have been better but Mottingham is not the best place to image (except if your names Chris, that is) but I am please with it, that's why i'm looking forward to DSC to see if I can do better and maybe get some more advice from others.
And may I say great images Chris and John on the recent photos.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Anonymous

Hi Tony,

That's really nice - The focus looks quite good & Cassini is almost all the way round. Did you use the IRB filter - How many frames did you stack... The colour looks a little 'yellow' so may be the balance wasn't correct. That's a very promising 2nd attempt... Looks like you have got yourself a good scope...

John

JohnP

Sorry - last message was me... I also meant to say nice to have another imager in the society.

John

Rocket Pooch

Well done Tony, thats better than my 1st six months of imaging :-)

Also with the light polution you can remove this, I found out a not so easy way to do this, I'll show you how to do it if you like.

Lastly, can you zip and e-mail me the AVI?  Then I'll have a quick stab at stacking it for you when I'm away in the USA next week to see what I can get out of it.

Maybe John P can give you some help getting it to me if you get stuck :-)

Chris