• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Final Saturn from 09th

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 11, 2006, 10:57:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

This is probably my final stack of the 2x3 min AVI's with the Vixen VC200L.  Come on mike you have a go :-)

JohnP

Looks pretty amazing to me... You should try increasing by X2 for a real wow factor....!

Mike

That's looking pretty nice to me. How did you collimate scope Chris (if at all) ?

And how do you find it compared to the LX90 ?

If I didn't keep coming home so late from work I would be able to get out a bit more with the Vixen myself.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Whitters

Very nice Chris. Great image.

Rocket Pooch

Hi Mike

I spend a 1.5 session on the last clear night collimating it, that was the night I wrote the comparison between the two scopes.

My gut feeling is the Vixen is not going to be as good as the 8" Meade OTA, but the EQ6 mount is a lot better therefore making life easier.

But having said that a star test showed that there's still a little more collimation I can squeeze out of the Vixen scope.  

Chris