• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M42 - Central Region - SC3

Started by JohnP, Jan 22, 2006, 19:45:13

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Another image from last night - again with my new SC3 on MN56 - No filters used just visible light.... Image represents the sum of 100 X 2 secs exposures. I have an Astronomik Ha filter & was about to try it but the clouds rolled in - maybe next time...

Cheers,  John

Tony G

John,
both the images are great and you have one envyous person typing this at the moment. Looking forward to DSC and hopefully extract so of your knowledge for the first stages of imaging, now that you are moving up to the next division.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Wow!! That is surprisingly good ! Again - well done! Can't wait to see the colour ones!
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Hi Tony,

Thks for your comments - don't know about the 'next division'... still got a long way to go & a lot to learn - especially about B&W & tri-colour imaging. I'll be pleased to help out at next DSC - Have you got your ToUcam working OK now - still haven't seen any images from you...

Hi Mike - Can't wait to try some RGB myself - I need to get a set of filters first.. I'll be picking your brains about how to combine & correctly balance - Thks for your comments.

John

Whitters

John, That is a realy nice image, love the structure in the central region.

JohnP

Thks Paul, next time out I want to try some Ha & also shorter exposures on the core to stop it saturating.

Thks,  John