• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Saturn from last night, a quick stack

Started by Rocket Pooch, Dec 18, 2005, 12:06:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

JohnP

Looks good-did you do anything else...?

Rocket Pooch

I used the new ToUCam Pro, that was a shock, its really noisy v's the Vesta680 but the colour rendition is excellent.  This is a stack from the night, I got in about 3am.

Also I noticed with the pillar I can now do 6 minute AVI's @ F30 with the LX90, this will improve with the EQ6 so I should be able to get a better signal to noise ratio and also use a 5x barlow in the future.

The observatory is great, the scope was cool, I spent 45 minutes collimating the scope, it needed it after I bashed the roof on it.  And then bingo all go.

Whitters

JohnP

Yep! Nice one Chris a great image - U just knew that U were going to have to bash the scope at some stage - so best to get it out the way at the start... :-) 6min Avi's at 10fps... must be pretty large files... Have U tried Raw modifying the ToUCam..

Cheers - John

Rocket Pooch

Ian

those colours look pretty accurate, a lot of pics of the planets seem to wash out the disc or make the rings unrealistically saturated, your pic has a good balance between to two. Making the raw mod should help some of that noise, but you might have to work at the colour balance to match that one.

Rocket Pooch

Hi Ian,

It was not a problem getting to colour right at all with this, there was a little blueness in the originals so all I did was reduced the blue.  The noise is anoying and I notices just how much there was with the ToUCam II compaired to the Vesta 680k; but the Vesta does not reproduce either the colours or the low light ability of the ToUCam Pro.  I will Twirg it (non Raw mod) when I get out next (look like the new year now) and have another go.

Also I might 5x it as well to see what happens.

Chris