• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

I found some FITS on my hard drive

Started by Rocket Pooch, Nov 08, 2005, 22:22:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Pooch

I must have had a fit at some time because I forget about these, they we're taken on the 17th September and forgotten about till tonight, probably because I spend all the next day doing my first Mars image.

These we're taken with the SkyWatcher 80F5 guided using the LX90 and a vesta pro.

M42 RGB 15x1min subs RGB HX916 2x2 (Mike can I send you the RGB's so you can put them through Maxim?)

Horse Head & Flame Nubula, 4x5minutes un-binned HX916

Oh and I thought I'd have another fo at the Vail in Ha from Headcord again.....

Mike

Looks good Chris. I like the B33 image (why is it back to front though?).

I will gladly run the RGB's through Maxim - do you have somewhere to upload the images to ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

Hi Mike,

Fits are at http://www.jumpers4goalposts.org.uk/images/Astronomy/FITS.zip

Horse head, it actually flipped at some point, I'll fix it?

Also do you have the contact details for the CNC work you had done on the EQ6, I need a new sledge and rings for the new to arrive scope.

Chris

Mike

He has had so many orders for them that he is producing them as a product now - http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ambermile/

I will take a look at the FITS files.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

OK Here is a quick run through MaximDL, then a DDP filter and a FFT filter was applied to try and bring out the central detail. The alignment needs tweaking. Will have another go later on.

Rocket Pooch

Hi,

I pulled that image into photoshop did a copy laver and adjusted the bottom layer for more luminence and the top for detail and then saved them using multiple image marger.

Bit better, but nowhere bear good enough.

Mike

Pretty good though. Just needs a set of longer exposures as another layer to bring out the detail. I think the seeing was all that good when you took the image also.