• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

CCD Imaging Course - 12th November

Started by Mike, Aug 23, 2005, 15:11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

CCD Imaging Course

Date: Saturday November 12th 2005

Time: 10.30am to 5pm

Course Tutors:

Ian King
Tommi Worton
Nik Szymanek

Venue: Cranham Community Centre, Marlborough Gardens, Cranham Essex (5 minutes from Junction 29 M25)

1 Day Course on CCD Imaging

The course is aimed at beginner to intermediate users of deep sky CCD Camera's

Course aims are as follows

1) To provide practical guidance, instruction, hints and tips, demonstrations and general advice in respect of

Choice of Instrumentation (Camera, telescopes, mounts, software etc)
Image acquisition
Guiding and autoguiding
Focusing
Colour Imaging – use of broad band and narrow band filters, single shot colour camera's
Monochrome imaging – use of Narrow band (Ha) filters
Image processing – how to get the best out of your data

The course will comprise a series of 45minute to 1 hour talks and demonstrations on the above topics, as well as provide an opportunity for course tutors to break off into smaller groups and address more specific areas driven by course members.

A buffet lunch will be served and is included in the price.
Hot and cold drinks will be available throughout the course.

Price £25 per head.

Maximum number of course entrants 25

First come first served:

Please call us on 01892 834004 or email at
info@iankingimaging.com for further information or to book.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Anyone think it would be worth going to this?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

certainly looks like it. A bargain at £25. I'm going to see if I can get to it.

Mike

Yeah me too - especially as Nik Szymanek is there.

Mike

Did anyone book themselvs on to this course ?

Jim

yep, I'm booked on it, be nice if others are going.

Jim

Mike

Yeah i'm booked up too Jim. I think Ian and Chris mentioned about going but not sure if they actually booked it or not.