• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Hoping to be back on net soon!

Started by richardh, Jun 05, 2007, 23:08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

richardh

Hi guys
I joined the OAS back last year during a visit to High Elms, but failed to turn up to any talks or meets since then! What a poor member I am. Excuse: battling with loads of course assignments, which fortunately end this year in mid July. Boy this study lark is too much.
Anyhow, you all did fire me up at the 'Change of Horses' and High Elms to get myself a simple scope. I bought a Meade Lightbridge 12" dob last November. Not bad, but I've discovered the need for an equatorial mount and drive! Not for such a beast as the dobsonian, but for a refractor. Yes, I'd prefer good contrast to resolution at this point.
I'll see if I can slip out one evening to join you soon. Meantime, let's make the most of some clear skies. Been not bad recently....
Like the new forum. Nice.
Regards to all
Richard (Shirley side of Croydon)

Mike

Richard -

Observing Session on 12th.
Imaging Session my house on 15th.

Hope to see you at one of those.

Cheers,

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

richardh

Missed both Mike: July is likely to be easier for me -- after I've submitted a load of course assignments.

Richard